The UFO Iconoclast(s)

Monday, January 21, 2008

UFOs: Cameras “in absentia”

camera.jpg

The dearth, or complete absence, of photographs, and therefore, cameras apparently, during the O’Hare Airport sighting of November 2006 is mimicked by the January 2008 Stephenville, Texas sighting of January 2008.

This was also the case during the whole Roswell episode of 1947: no photos of the debris field, the debris itself, or anything else for that matter, excluding the press photos of balloon fragments allegedly belonging to the wreckage that was thought to be a crashed flying disk.

ros.jpg

Since YouTube, Flickr, and other online internet photo sites are fraught with thousands of inane pictures, and ABC’s America’s Funniest Videos contains, each week, a plethora of idiotic video captures, one has to wonder why those cameras and cell phones are never at the ready when a UFO occurrence takes place.

This is also the case, somewhat, for so-called UFO abduction events. That is, some persons contend they are repeatedly abducted by aliens, but none of those persons has had the wherewithal to put cameras or other detecting devices in their bedrooms to capture photos or evidence of their UFO captors or the abduction episode.

abd.jpg

Setting up surreptitious observation material is common among those who have children and think their nannies or housekeepers may be abusing the kids.

nanny.jpg

Even NBC’s “To Catch a Predator” has succeeded in capturing video of child molesters, without too much aggravation in setting up their stings.

So why don’t abductees do the same?

Some current History Channel programs (Monster Quest for one) show investigators arranging cameras and traps to capture evidence of unusual creatures of the paranormal or crypto-zoological.

bigf.jpg

SciFi’s “Ghost Hunters” does the same for ethereal beings said to inhabit (or haunt) places.

ghost.jpg

But when it comes to UFOs or alien abductions, cameras just seem not to be available.

This is part of the problem with the whole UFO phenomenon: it is betrayed by the klutziness of those who “see” them or are fodder for their kidnappings.

3 Comments:

  • Oh gosh - O’Hare!

    So, some blokes see a hole-punch cloud near the airport, this is a relatively uncommon occurrence when hot jet exhaust evaporates a chunk of cloud. Uncommon but I've seen them from time to time.

    They get into a chat room and decide to play a joke.....

    The next day a photo of the hole and some blurry photos of what-not surface- people go nuts.

    ?

    Profit!

    But- point taken, I carry a camera (usually two) around all the time and I never see enough alien spacecraft to photo them.

    Say, I have seen US Airforce drones over my city from time to time... I've never had a chance to photograph one of those either.

    http://oddempire.org

    By Blogger The Odd Emperor, at Wednesday, January 23, 2008  

  • Odd emperor-
    What are you talking about? I've never seen this hole picture you refer to. I've never even heard any skeptic refer to exhaust as a culprit of the "UFO".

    And what kind of joke would these employees risk their job over? To lie or joke over the airwaves that FAA officials hear, I would imagine takes a lot of balls.

    And where does the profit come in?? As far as I can tell no one even knows who these people really were and I haven't seen any profit motivation.

    In the meantime, the absence of photos is surely a puzzling thing. People probably wouldn't believe the authenticity of them anyway, but at least they can give us SOMETHING other than a story.

    In the future, when we have cameras implanted in our eyes when we are born there will be no excuse. We could look back into the hard-drive to determine that there really aren't UFO's, ghosts, or bigfoot in the sense that we think of them.

    I'd like to think I'd take a picture if I saw something, but an experience such as these disallows conventional logic. Perhaps??

    By Blogger TC, at Wednesday, January 23, 2008  

  • I'm sorry TC, I might be out-culturing you. I was referring to the Underpants Gnomes.

    1. Collect Underpants
    2. ?
    3. Profit

    I never heard of a skeptic refer to jet exhaust as a culprit of the O'Hare UFO, I don't think I said that. I mentioned that the so-called hole cloud was likely caused by caused by jet exhaust and the UFO tale (without a smidgen of evidence as usual.) grew out of it.

    Info on hole-punch clouds..
    http://weatherthings.com/holepunch.html

    "And what kind of joke would these employees risk their job over? To lie or joke over the airwaves that FAA officials hear, I would imagine takes a lot of balls."

    I find that puzzling too, but I don't know for certain they would have lost their jobs, I don't work for United so I can't vouch for their human resources policy.

    However, it's possible that most people didn't see a UFO, just the strange cloud formation. It takes only one person with a wild tale to create "da-truth" in Ufology.

    http://oddempire.org/weblog

    By Blogger The Odd Emperor, at Thursday, January 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home