UFO Conjecture(s)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Medium may be the only UFO Message

mcluhan.jpg

Marshall McLuhan’s dictum that “the medium is the message” (a concept that relates how newspaper formats, TV news broadcasts, and other media presentations are the message rather than the content within them) applies to the UFO phenomenon particularly.

That is, UFOs, as observed, are the message. What UFOs are, exactly, is NOT the message.

The UFO mystery has always been compounded by the various configurations of the things. From the air-ships of the 1890s to the flying saucers of the 1950s, to the triangles of the 1980s, to the gigantic lights of 2007 and 2008 – those observations are diverse and so varied that no one can say what a UFO exactly looks like. But that’s the message.

What UFOs are, in essence, continues to elude investigators of the phenomenon. UFO displays, however, are not elusive, but blatant.

Kenneth Arnold’s chain of flying boomerang-like objects, Mantell’s “Sky Hook” sighting, Reverend Gill’s aquarium object, Zamora’s egg-shaped container, Belgium’s flying triangle(s), O’Hare’s cloud-cutter, and Stephenville’s huge light all tell observers something – not what UFOs are necessarily, but something.

kena.jpg

The one constant in all flying saucer and/or UFO sightings is the difference in the configuration and behavior of the reported “objects.”

The UFO medium is the UFO message.

But what exactly is that message?

McLuhan’s concept about media doesn’t have anything to do with meaning, in the philosophical sense. McLuhan doesn’t even provide a clue as to what the medium message is. He merely describes what the medium exudes: cool or warm sensory attributes. Meaning is thus abstract.

This is exactly what modern, abstract art is or does: provide sensory reaction, not meaning. Or not meaning in a logical or rational sense.

abstract1.jpg

The reactive force of media’s McLuhan message, and abstract art’s message, may be likened to Carl Jung’s theory of the archetypes, where imagery has meaning, but that meaning is not relevant to practical, everyday living. The message is transcendental, and applies to the “spiritual” world, where Plato’s real reality pertains.

This is what UFOs provide (perhaps).

Capturing a UFO, despite the Roswell scenario, has nothing to do with UFO reality. Seeing UFOs, describing them, hints at a message that has so far proved elusive to ufologists.

roswell37.jpg

We contend that ufologists are unable to fathom the UFO message because ufologists are inept generally, without the profound investigational acumen that is needed to unravel the UFO enigma….but that for our sister blog, The UFO Provocateur(s) – http://ufoprovo.blogspot.com.

A new discipline is needed to study the UFO phenomenon, one that is untainted by the errant thinking of the past (and present).

And it will take a group, like The Einstein Fellowship, to provide that new discipline…

1 Comments:

  • HEY ZIGGY- HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS UFO STORY: TINY BLUE PLANET CALLED EARTH AMONGST A TRILLION STARS IN THE SKY WHERE TIME HAS NO MEANING AT ALL- it should be readily apparent to the trained eye or even a scientist to draw a conclusion based upon our own lives now and recorded in history the following conclusion- Evolution is true- it probably has done so many billion of years ago-we are not the first to play with dna- but in fact have been told we are made in the image of an entity that has done so before our time- and our purpose on earth is to enjoy this life as much as possible with full respect to every other human being-and if it is within our power and means- to help those less fortunate than us so that they may enjoy their time on this planet- these are the common messages by all spiritually endowed throughout the ages- to ignore it would admit ignorance and an inability to have faith in our fellow man- and here it is- the greatest test of all-FAITH- is this not our only requirement our creator has given us- to believe it is true- we come from something far greater and we must try to live to the standards given to us by messengers- it is true our understanding of this world is relative to an observer for what we learn and observe makes our opinions- and in todays times of television and internet we hear so many stories of others observations- let me tell you when I seen a UFO- an unidentified flying object- it was 1987 and I was studying physics at Kutztown University approximately 40 miles from my place of birth-I love physically working out and the nighttime is my favorite time- it was 11pm and I was in the university football field alone. I was atop a wooden platform skipping rope where the football instructor yells at the players. I was a good way through skipping and feeling the workout- I tell you this because it is not a college party but in fact when my wits were strongest- straight and physically active-thus it would be hard to pull the wool over my eyes- the setting is this; small university town surrounded by many farms- I was on a football field between two main buildings and I faced towards a direction away from the buildings into the football field--after the field about 150 yards was a tree line-after the tree line was a farm field full of corn for miles- it was dark with clear skies and stars in the sky- as I was skipping and feeling very strong I noticed a moving small light to my right in the far off distance- as I see stars in the sky- it looked like a tiny white light the size of as star about 50 miles away-just guessing- and immediately I figured it was a jet in the sky moving- Thus-as I was skipping rope and noticed this small light which looked like a star in the distance and was moving like a jet as I initially thought- it did not impress me at all- my eyes look to the left and then back again AND WHAT I SEEN MADE ME STOP IMMEDIATELY- this small light which I thought was a jet in the distance is now half way to my position- this thing was moving so fast it made me stop skipping rope- in the time span of first seeing it to me reacting was only a second- the time to look right and then left and then back again as I skipped rope- I was in awe- for this white light was not a white light at all- across the field in which I stood and stared-this thing traveled above the tree tops (approx 50 yards behind it-thus from me 200 yards) This thing was about a third the size of the trees as I looked at it race across my view-maybe 30 feet in diameter- a perfect round sphere red in color- no doors-lines-wings-anything- completely round and a glowing red- like a soft red light on a brake of a car- perfectly round with no tail like a comet- can you imagine how I felt- its not over- right behind it- approximately 50-100 feet behind was a smaller blue one in the exact line of travel as the first- but this one was a third the size of the red one- same as the first in regards to no obvious lines or markings on it- simply a perfect sphere of light moving with incredible velocity right in front of me- you can think what you want at this stage- but I will tell you this- I knew immediately this thing was not of this earth- and I wanted to be the first to find it. As I stood on this platform and watched this thing fly across my view in less than 2 seconds and it seemed like it landed approximately 2 miles away at a 30 degree angle- I immediately flew off that platform and into my Pontiac firebird parked about 30 feet away- I WAS GOING TO FIND THIS THING- I zipped out the parking lot of this university with no care whatsoever for wreckless driving as I would want the police to follow me- I drove ¼ mile to the main intersection of the university-made a right onto the main street and continued past the college town and into farms fields-about 2 miles-at least 100 miles an hour- I took a road that beared left as I believed this was the best estimation of its landing( for what it is worth- the majority of my life is hiking extensively in the toughest forests- most of which I do alone- I have a good sense of direction and not known to be afraid of anything at night-reason being i have always had the conscoius thoughts of walking everywhere with the strong light of god shining upon me- thus -it was never dark) my mind was filled with the energy of finding this thing- it took me at least 2-3 minutes to make it here- and needless to say I was pumped- I believed this spot on this dark road was it- I pulled over like a race car driver - it was a small patch of grass area of at least 20 feet wide and then into a small area of trees and an opening behind It as this is what I deduced driving into this area from the road- HERE IS MY FEELING- FROM SEEING IT TO DRIVING OVER TO FINDING IT I WAS PUMPED UP WITH SO MUCH ADRENALINE- AS SOON AS I HOPPED OUT THE CAR AND INTO THE TALL GRASS TO THE AREA I BELIEVED IT WAS IN- MY MIND CHANGED INSTANTAENOUSLY- DON'T GO FURTHER- YOU DID ENOUGH- LEAVE- I believe I was tested- encouraged in some ways- for what happened to me in 1987 kept me on my initial goals of finding a major scientific advancement for society and there is no question it has done so- for at this stage in my life- I was reevaluating my life- why do I spend so much time on science when most others play-have fun- make money-when most of my mental energies are spent on science- for some goal and dream that was put into me at the age of 17 to continue in science- THAT IS MY UFO STORY-

    By Blogger SOLOMON SAMI AZAR, at Thursday, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home