The UFO Iconoclast(s)

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Three books you haven't read...

The Sourcebook Project, Glen Arm, Maryland, 1979

University Books, Secaucus, New Jersey, 1976

Bantam Books, New York, 1984

Material from these books is being discussed on our U of M blogs.

I don't suppose that visitors here, most, have or have read these books, so it would be futile to present hypotheses generated from content found in them.

That the internet has become the sole source of intellectual input for many visitors here is disheartening, to say the least.

I keep noticing that even the most "brilliant" among you have a tendency to misread what is written here or mistake the intent of comments, by me and others.

This is distressing.

RR

2 Comments:

  • You've got me on three counts; I haven't read any of them but would enjoy the Corliss book a great deal from its reputation.

    This isn't a confession that I don't read books. It's just that those I read don't often have much to do with the field of ufology. Likely others are the same.

    I've borrowed the Oxford Handbook of Byzantine Studies and barely dare to fox a corner. Eagleton's 'Why Marx was Right' is waiting and Mark Ward's 'Universality' is failing to keep my attention.

    Recent ufology-related books have been limited to Shermer, Volk, Poer Trench, Meehan and Vallee.

    As for folk misinterpreting the sentiments in your blogs? It's the inherent weakness of the medium...blank text. At some point in the future, we'll be able to communicate inflections and tone without the clutter of emoticons. :D

    At that point we'll all get along just fine...like in real life. :D

    By Blogger Kandinsky, at Sunday, October 02, 2011  

  • It's easy Kandinsky, to list books that no one has read. I was being silly.

    I'd be interested in Eagleton's 'Why Marx was Right' by the way, which I, obviously, haven't read.

    And as to communication, this method, comments after oblique posts, is wanting, as you note.

    And emoticoms irk.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Sunday, October 02, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home