UFO Conjecture(s)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kevin Randle on Roswell "Rumor"


Jack Brewer of the Orlando Paranormal Examiner has provided a statement from Kevin Randle about the alleged Roswell "rumor" (of photos from Roswell in 1947).

Click HERE to read Mr. Randle's statement,



  • Does this mean that no Dream Team member has been involved with slides allegedly from Roswell?

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • Well then... Kevin's statement is simply not accurate, and I am extremely disappointed in him. I consider my hands untied and will have much more to say soon.


    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • 1) The team is not aware of a geologist that was associated with Silas Newton, as alleged.

    2)There is no evidence -physical or otherwise-that associates the Roswell crash with the "Aztec" crash, as alleged.

    3)The team does not own, manage or otherwise 'control' any physical evidence, and has not gone to the media with such evidence.

    4) Kevin Randle has never mentioned to me that he has ever seen the kind of evidence being discussed.

    That is all that I am going to say on the details of any of this. Enough really is enough on all of this.

    It frankly is none of your business what we are doing in any of our investigations until we publish on it. Not only are we not under obligation to appease you, but such premature updates can jeopardize any ongoing investigation.

    And there have in fact been been many updates from the 'team' - from me on new witnesses; from Tom Carey and Don, a great job in detailing new Roswell findings in a new book; and Kevin and David have definitively countered the Mogul AF explanation and are now exploring the application of even new analytical technologies.

    There is of course 'plenty more' to come- but why do you all make demands for more? And for 'right now'? Why must we be forced to discuss every rumor and speculation?


    By Blogger Anthony Bragalia, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • Anthony,

    But they are aware of this geologist and the pictures he took?


    By Blogger Ross, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • Meant to say in my previous post that Kevin and David are "now exploring the application of even newer analytical technologies on the Ramey Memo."


    By Blogger Anthony Bragalia, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • Well, I would bet a LOT of money that Paul is telling the truth.

    But until now, I would have said the same about Randle.

    Of course, we know all about Bragalia's kind of "truth" (tell us again, Tony, about your friend at Life magazine who "confirmed" your idiotic claims the last time you made a fool of yourself).


    By Blogger Lance, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • Lance (and others),

    FWIW, I interpreted Mr. Randle to literally be speaking for himself when he provided statements to be published. Also, I am certain his use of the term "rumor" was intended as a description of the alleged talks with CNN as described in the post published by Mr. Reynolds, not a description of the overall saga.

    I sent a draft of the proposed Examiner post to Randle in order to obtain his approval that the article reasonably portrayed his statements. He agreed the draft was reasonable.

    I could not say with any certainty why the situation has been handled exactly as has been the case. I somewhat suspect different players have different ideas about the value of alleged new evidence, various agreements may have been made concerning publication of details of the story and so on. I do not know, but those would be my guesses and I will refrain from speculating further.

    Suffice it to say the alleged evidence does not seem particularly important to me, although the chain of events itself is somewhat interesting. I continue to lack any confidence that 'Roswell' will ever be conclusively demonstrated to have involved an alien presence. I am willing to be proved wrong, but, of course, proof is one thing, and, well, everything else is something else. Perhaps, however, this latest saga could collectively teach us a bit more about the value of defining evidence, defining proof and similar dynamics in which the UFO community keeps falling short.


    By Blogger Jack Brewer, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • Rich -

    Now that the betrayal is out in full, let me say that there was nothing in my statement that wasn't the truth. Whatever Paul might believe, or think he's proved, I have never seen the slides, and I have not participated in the investigation of them.

    Because it was not my investigation, I believed it was up to those others to publish what they had when they were satisfied that it was authentic. I simply had no role in it. I am astonished that Paul would violate my trust by publishing an email that was clearly meant to be held between Paul and me... and then I'm accused of duplicity.

    By Blogger KRandle, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • I have not participated in the investigation of them.

    From Kevin's e-mail to me:

    "I have learned that the man with the photographs is not the man who took them. The man with them got them from his sister who was cleaning out an attic in Sedona, Arizona but the sister was helping her boyfriend in the cleaning who worked for an estate service. (Convoluted enough for you?) The slides were found in a box in a separate envelop taped to an inner box lid, away from other slides. The box apparently belonged to the second wife of the photographer… the other slides in the box contained pictures from that “era” including one of Eisenhower (which is obviously five years too late).
    Neither Schmitt nor Carey told me the photographer’s name or the name of the man who allegedly took the pictures (though given the chain of custody, I’m not sure who might have taken the pictures but I had a name of the man who died decades ago and I know the name of the man who allegedly took them), but I have been able to learn all that, and found a telephone number of the man who lives in Chicago."

    Kevin may want to try and split ethical and moral hairs, but the claim that he "have not participated in the investigation of them" is clearly false, because he conducted his own investigation, and reached conclusions from it.

    And yet Kevin thinks I'm the bad guy here. Given what can be seen in that e-mail (and others that I will not publish but which followed this one), it sadly comes as no surprise to me that Kevin is trying the one tactic left to him, the last refuge of the PR scoundrel - blame the messenger, and try to shift the story.


    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Thursday, September 26, 2013  

  • AJB said: "That is all that I am going to say on the details of any of this."

    That turned out not to be true, right?

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Monday, September 30, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home