UFO Conjecture(s)

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Lazarus Effect

I closed this blog for a few days. 

I am sorry for distressing: Anthony Bragalia, Frank Warren, Jose Antonio Caravaca, Lance Moody, infakiro, Paul Kimball, and Chris Savia (Anomalist editor and moderator of Who Forted?, which I excoriated recently for having a slightly vulgar title).

Nick Redfern and a few others, didn’t even know this blog was down – they check in so infrequently.

I did get distress signals from persons who apparently read the blog – we get about 1500 hits each day – but never comment.

Yes, I know, they may eschew commentary to avoid snarky remonstrance from me, and that is understandable.

Anyway, the blog is back. And I hope, edifying to some extent.

So, again, I’m almost sorry for the angst I caused. You, who know me, understand.



  • As one of the 1500 or so that has regularly visited for years but never posted...glad your absence was only temporary.

    By Blogger Paste Pot Pete, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • Unfortunately, I, who do not know you, do not understand.

    OK I suppose I do know you a little bit from the blog, but I still don't understand...

    For all I know any sort of malware, viruses and even the internet plague (if such exists) could have caused you to go off-line.

    Anyway, welcome back!

    By Blogger cda, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • I don't recall any angst... actually, it seems to me that I sent you a congratulatory message on finally pulling the plug and leaving the loons (on both sides) behind.

    What distresses me is that you came back!! ;-)


    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • I'm back like Lazarus...with a new attitude (worse than before).


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • Hey Rich

    Just saw that the blog is back.

    For the record, yes, my check-ins have been infrequent in the last few months, but for a very good reason. Not that I have to justify anything at all to anyone, but here it is:

    At the start of November, I started a new job, working full-time (for 4 months) for a Dallas company, doing website work.

    Although I work from home, it's a full-time gig - 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.

    So, I use my own laptop and can check in on email a few times a day etc, but as I'm continually logged into their site each day, my time is now very limited.

    As for evenings and weekends, as you know I never usually work then, but, with the job I have to now work weekend and nights too, to keep on top of the book-writing. And it will be like that until the end of February.

    So, that is my reason for not checking in: the time I used to have is time I no longer have.

    For people who are retired from work (CDA maybe?) time is theirs. As is the time for certain people in Ufology I know who sponge off their parents and girlfriends for money and who refuse to get a job to sustain them without sponging.

    But for those of us who are only in our 40s and who have a work-ethic, and who don't sponge off family or beg for money and help, then work is a necessity, just like it is for everyone else who is not retired.

    Checking blogs is interesting to me, but time-wise - on a daily, regular basis, and doing lengthy comments to posts etc is no longer possible for me. Until, that is, I complete this 4-month contract.

    I think some people in Ufology think (in fact, I know!) I have endless free time to surf the net all day. I don't. It's the exact opposite.

    So, that's where things are at for me. Nothing to do with you, or not bothering to check the site etc. It's purely time and logistics and nothing else.

    Which is why I am typing all this in my lunch-hour!



    By Blogger Nick Redfern, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • Hi Rich!

    As I'd written in a comment on "You Forted" to Savia's post about you, I thought you might be back. Terry the Censor (as well as me) corrected Savia about his claim you wished Mac Tonnies to die....geesh! So much misinformation could be avoided if people carefully read what you actually wrote.

    There are other bloggers who delete and then resurrect their work. Another fellow I've been following for years now does this. The subject matter is intense and personally difficult. [Metanoia - wellofhighstrangeness at blogspot]

    The whys are not necessary for the rest of us to know, especially given the topic of ufos and related subjects. You and anyone else can delete your blogs at any time and you don't ow us anything. After all we could create our own blogs if we wanted to.

    I didn't realize right away that you were 'gone', but when I eventually did I then searched a bit and found a recent entry "Whither Richie" on ufomagazine blog written by A.L that I thought might have something to do with it. I had no idea that person was that obsessed with you --the links on the ufo magazine to his own website had reams of what seems to be mostly imaginary interactions and answers to your various statements over the years. He's also done that with Paul Kimball....I was amazed at the stalkerish behavior combined with vulgar commentary and considered I'd pack up and leave too if I had that disturbing person breathing down my back...Also that person made continued disparaging comments on his twitter feed and facebook page as he was gleeful you were gone (prematurely gleeful, ha! ;-))

    Rich, I'm happy you're back and dispensing more hell!

    ~ Susan

    By Blogger brownie, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • Yah, Lehmberg is obsessed with me. and not for the reasons he proffers.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • Now you can truly forget about getting a Lifetime Achievement Award.


    By Blogger Yvan D., at Wednesday, January 15, 2014  

  • Welcome back. It will be interesting to see what new direction the blog takes going forward.

    By Blogger Cullan Hudson, at Thursday, January 16, 2014  

  • glad you're back. read this blog every day because of the activity level of the blog.

    By Blogger ufonalyzer, at Thursday, January 16, 2014  

  • Thanks, UFOnalyzer...

    Once we clear away the clutter, we'll get back to UFO events; I'm working on a few things at the moment, and then there is that Roswell slide thing still mucking around.

    I'll touch on that too.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, January 16, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home