UFO Conjecture(s)

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

The Sodom and Gomorra of Ufology

In Genesis 18:20 ff.:

“… The Lord said, ‘Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorra is great and their sin is very grave’” I shall destroy them.

Abraham implores The Lord [his God], What if there are fifty just men, or thirty just men, or even only ten just men in the cities, will you still destroy them?

The Lord replies, “I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.”

But The Lord [God] does not find ten just men in Sodom and Gomorra, and in Chapter 19 of The Old Testament, Verses 23 ff. The Lord [God] destroyed the cities, saving only Lot and his family.

This, for me, is a tale that parallels the UFO community and especially UFO UpDates.

And in my small domain, I can write that I find only three – 3 – persons whom I trust and believe when it comes to UFOs and life itself: Paul Kimball, Nick Redfern, and Brownie/Susan.

Those three have always conveyed honesty and truth, as best as I can discern; everyone else is viewed, by me, with a jaundiced eye.

That The Lord [God] destroyed UpDates and wiped out that community of “sinful” UFO practitioners is a reason to rejoice.

Now, if only The Lord [God] would “destroy” a few who visit here and other UFO venues, dispensing lies and deceits that are unaccountable in this world meant to be whole and true, then retribution would prove satisfactory for me, and those named above, too, I think.



  • I keep wanting to compare UFOlogy to a decaying corrupt city, but I better use Gotham City instead of a real place to keep from naming anyone's home town. Gotham might be a pretty good analogy- we're overrun with colorful, deceitful Scarecrows, Riddlers and Jokers. Without a hero around, the honest folks have mostly headed to saner ground.

    The inmates have run the asylum too long. At this point a Batman won't be enough.

    By Blogger Curt Collins, at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • Yes, Gotham's a good metaphor.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • I hope you're happy. We have been smote. One of our bathroom sinks isn't draining

    By Blogger Lance, at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • There is a God after all!


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • Don't blame Rich, Lance. Clearly your sink problem is the work of space aliens!!

    Occam's razor, man... use Occam's razor. ;-)


    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • And the story is told of the hungry ufologist, led into the wilderness by the devil who said to him "Command these aluminium sheets and balsa wood sticks to turn into alien artifacts" and took him on high and showed him the autority that would be his.
    And the ufologist left New Mexico and started to spread the word.

    By Blogger Yvan D., at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • It doesn't pertain, Yvan but it's almost cute.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, January 08, 2014  

  • Thankyou Rich! Oh my goodness! Because you hold yourself to an exceedingly high standard, this means a great deal to me!

    I'm just a quirky ole gal with opinions - especially about CEs and I continue to learn from others. I know to stay out of topics in the 'field' that don't hold my interest and/or that I know little about (Area 51, Roswell, Corona & other alleged crash sites).

    ~ Susan

    By Blogger brownie, at Thursday, January 09, 2014  

  • You, Susan, are a person of high virtue and goodness, a truly honest soul.

    I wouldn't worry about being stuck on an island with you, Nick or Paul.

    With everyone else, I'd sleep with one eye open.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, January 09, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home