UFO Conjecture(s)

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The End of the World [circa 250 A.D.] -- No UFO Help.



  • Rich,
    Maybe we appear very primitive and crude to them. I mean we are a violent race of hairless apes who still believe in fairy tales to explain things we do not understand. And yeah I know that argument could be used against UFO believers as well.
    The point is that they probably would consider contact with us a pointless thing. What would there be for them to gain?
    I'm not saying I believe we have been visited for centuries, or that we have been visited at all. But proof they haven't helped us as a race doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Maybe the fact that we are still here is proof they have indeed helped us. 😉

    By Blogger Daniel Hurd, at Tuesday, June 17, 2014  

  • Oh, UFOs exist and contain sentience I think.

    But that the sentience is benign or indifferent irks.

    After all, we try to help lower life forms when they are in distress, some of us do anyway.

    And your point that maybe they have helped us, surreptitiously perhaps, is well taken, Daniel.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, June 17, 2014  

  • The worst scenario I can think of is an extraterrestrial version of HG Welles closet homage to technological fascism first brought to my attention by John Keel in applying Wings Over The World to a ETH theory.
    Technological superiority as a peacekeeper using the threat of extinction as a set of brass knuckles. Sort of reminds me of our foreign policy or the recycling of the same scenario in "The Day The Earth Stood Still"
    I dont think any intervention would be workable until we can help ourselves.
    It will take a major threat and even then stalling tactics and diatribes will eat up opportunity.
    What could we realistically expect these poor ET fellows to do?
    I suspect mildly that the human condition is debated elsewhere should such attention be placed upon us.Change our genetics? Give us technologies that we would weaponise when their backs are turned?
    I don't think there are simple answers. I wish there were.

    By Blogger Bruce Duensing, at Tuesday, June 17, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home