The UFO Iconoclast(s)

Friday, June 06, 2014

UFOs, Condon, and RR in 1967!

Back in 1967, well before some of you were born and most were not even interested in UFOs, I, with a few associates, made an attempt to oust Edward U Condon from any Air Force contract to study UFOs,

I've linked this material before here, early on, and at some of our other UFO blogs and web-sites.

But I add it again to show you that I (and others) did not just sit around wondering what UFOs or flying saucers were. We tried, in our own small way, to circumvent the nonsense or diabolical thrust of a UFO study headed by Mr. Condon:

http://query.homestead.com

6 Comments:

  • Looking back, do you now think you went a bit 'over the top' on this?

    By Blogger cda, at Saturday, June 07, 2014  

  • CDA:

    I was a radical John Bircher and a supporter of Joe McCarthy (still am the latter).

    One of the reasons the security angle wasn't picked up by the mainstream press or even my former employer, The Detroit NEWS, was that is smacked of McCarthyism.

    I was nuttier back in those days than I am now.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Saturday, June 07, 2014  

  • Well, I am highly disillusioned!

    And now not just because you didn't include me as one of your friends!

    Lance

    By Blogger Lance, at Sunday, June 08, 2014  

  • Lance you are, indeed, a friend, but one whose friendship is sometimes fleeting.

    If I had to pick a few people to live with in a marooned state on an island in the Pacific, I'd pick you as one of those people.

    You wouldn't become barbaric I think.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Sunday, June 08, 2014  

  • Rich,

    You know I have swam about a mile and half almost every single day of the past 15 years--chances are you would just wake up and find me gone.

    But don't worry, if I make it to land, I'll bring help!

    Best,

    Lance

    By Blogger Lance, at Sunday, June 08, 2014  

  • I knew we could count on you Lance.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Sunday, June 08, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home