UFO Conjecture(s)

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I need some help here......

A few months back I pulled a book from my collection (picture 3), about history's methodologies, hoping to compare those methodologies with ufological "methodologies."

I mentioned it in a comment here (somewhere.)

The title eludes me. as does the book itself.

I kept it near my bedroom desk (picture 2). shuffling it from one book/magazine pile to another, but always in proximity with other things I planned on using for debate here.

For two weeks, I and one of my guys have scoured the whole place, trying to find that damn book.

We have looked in every nook and cranny, and re-looked every where I might have (mis)placed that book, a pale green paperback.

Now here's where you come in -- this is how desperate I am to locate that book:

The photos below are where the book was last, or where I might have moved it.

If any of you have psychic abilities (or have a friend with same), or even if you only are a good guesser, tell me in which room (which picture) where I may locate the missing book/

First is my bedroom:
Second is our office space (excuse the messiness, I'll get to the room eventually):
And here is the book collection from which I originally pulled the book (thinking I may have placed it back for some reason):
You may think this odd, my asking for some psychical help, but the matter has become a real (personal) mystery. I have moved things around several times now, checked drawers, even my travel bag, and our plane. Nada.

So, give it a shot, won't you, and help out a frustrated guy, who hates to lose a book to the ether.

(And don't tell me it's TheTrickster at work. That will just make the frustration worse.)

RR

12 Comments:

  • This morning I managed to lose my car keys, a paint sample chip I had in my pocket, forgot to renew a membership fee, etc.
    Retracing my steps helps..my psychic intuition tells me its close to where you last recall reading the book. I always seem to find stuff that somehow ended up under the bed for which I have no explanation. My mind needs no assistance from a Trickster or pack rats...

    By Blogger Bruce Duensing, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • Bruce...

    You may be on to something.

    I'll check under my bed as soon as I get back home.

    (I stuff magazines I don't need to read there -- Hollywood Reporter for one.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • Rich, you might also find missing pairs of socks as well...

    I've three dachshunds, they stash everything under the bed.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • Yes, Tim...

    I see my under-bed as a "treasure trove" for lost or missing items, some having become vintage.

    I can't wait to look, hoping there's no pre-Halloween scares there.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • Update:

    Not under the bed....a cache of Hollywood Reporter (all unread), a few Atlantic mags, Wired, The New Yorker, Art in America, Opera News, et cetera.

    I seem to be a hoarder.

    (My son also found quite a few pistachio shells.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • Its in the bathroom, you have to move some stuff around to find it.

    By Blogger bOb Dobbs, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • bOb:

    Lots of stuff in the bathroom, but the book isn't among it.

    Thanks for the suggestion however.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014  

  • Since you appear to remember seeing it not THAT long ago. Can you also recollect why you were singling it out at that time? Was it for a particular piece of research which may have been of interest to someone else at the time?

    By Blogger Parakletos, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014  

  • The book's content was to be used for clarification of History's role in edifying us.

    I planned on applying the content to how ufologists (and others) apply research techniques that are all wrong.

    (No w how does that help me locate the tome, which has mysteriously disappeared, from a venue which is private and secure?)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014  

  • Yesterday I ransacked my apartment looking for "Abductions and Aliens: What's Really Going On?" by Chris Rutkowski. I did not find it.

    So tonight I will look for a history book I don't remember buying and, Rich, you look for Rutkowski.

    Then we will mentally teleport the books back to their proper homes.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014  

  • It's worth a try, Terry...

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014  

  • Rutkowski has materialised!

    Thanks, Rich.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home