UFO Conjecture(s)

Friday, June 05, 2015

Bruce Duensing has passed over.....R.I.P. Bruce

Just read at Paul Kimball's blog that our friend Bruce Duensing has passed.

(I wondered at his silence recently and thought he might be ill.)

We shall miss his abstruse but erudite musings, here and elsewhere.



  • He will be missed. I very much enjoyed his postings and thoughts. Hope he rests well in whatever comes next.

    By Blogger Daniel Hurd, at Friday, June 05, 2015  

  • I liked Bruce.

    Even if we were no longer on speaking terms due to a certain someone, I continued to listen and appreciate Bruce's commentary. I held no grudge or anger at him for what came to pass.

    He had a way with words and ideas that rumbled around in the mind. Like a bull in a mental china shop. Sometimes his ideas shown light on what might seem inexplicable and then other times his words were too deep and I missed their import.

    Rest well Bruce, friend, who found could not be my friend. May your memory be a blessing to your friends and family.

    By Blogger Joel Crook, at Friday, June 05, 2015  

  • I didn't know or have any interaction with him but I always noticed his comments here and elsewhere. He seemed to be a human thesaurus.

    I had noted he wasn't as active as he used to be but put it down to him not wanting to get pulled into the slides drama as he seemed to portray he thought it was all a fiasco from the start.

    Rest well.

    By Blogger Stephen Jackson, at Friday, June 05, 2015  

  • I express my true condolence to his family and his

    Rest well... Bruce

    By Blogger jacarav@ca, at Friday, June 05, 2015  

  • I'm shocked and at a loss for words. My sincere condolences to his family. This is truly terrible news...

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Friday, June 05, 2015  

  • Very sad at this news. I join everyone else here in expressing my condolences to his family.

    By Blogger Eric Wargo, at Friday, June 05, 2015  

  • Yes very sorry to hear this. I always found his commentary valuable and insightful and though I never knew him at all, one could pick up his decency, humility and kindness from his unique musings on all things. He will be missed.

    By Blogger Lawrence, at Saturday, June 06, 2015  

  • ...
    My sincere condolences to His family and close.
    Rest In Peace.

    By Blogger Gilles Fernandez, at Saturday, June 06, 2015  

  • I too had noticed his silence. A great intellect was apparent in each of his postings. His analysis was beacon to be followed in the fog.

    It is uncommon to feel the loss of someone I knew only by his commentary here and yet that feeling is is real. I looked forward to his perspective and I miss him already.

    By Blogger Bryan Daum, at Saturday, June 06, 2015  

  • I was very sorry to hear this and offer condolences...


    By Blogger Lance, at Saturday, June 06, 2015  

  • I hope he didn't suffer.
    A hug to you, RR.

    By Blogger Parakletos, at Saturday, June 06, 2015  

  • That's very sad news indeed.

    By Blogger Nick Redfern, at Sunday, June 07, 2015  

  • This is sad. He will be missed.

    By Blogger Tina Sena, at Monday, June 08, 2015  

  • Sad news for those who don't understand death. Wonderful for your spirit however. Thank-you, Bruce for all your ruminations and illuminations. Rock on.

    By Blogger Remus, at Monday, June 08, 2015  

  • I'm a nobody in this 'scene' but i had several email exchanges with Bruce and i always found his posts entertaining whenever they sprung up, very sad news.

    By Blogger Von Adder, at Tuesday, June 09, 2015  

  • Thanks RR for your reference to Bruce's last post I just noticed in Anomalist.
    Without that reference I would have missed it to my loss.

    The reference also led me to his previous writing to which I both enjoyed and agreed with wholeheartedly.

    So a second thanks.

    And a third for hanging on here.

    If you ever do depart this blog, please add me to your list of the next one.

    Best regards,


    By Blogger Bryan Daum, at Tuesday, June 09, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home