UFO Conjecture(s)

Thursday, July 02, 2015

The misplaced egos of some ufologists

A few people are bitching at Kevin Randle’s blog about my “arbitrary” deletion of my postings and threads (or comments) attached to them.

Let me say that I don’t think my postings and the ensuing comments are sacrosanct or in a category of permanent installment, much of the material being insipid shit.

The complainants, eBikesRC and Tony Stark (online troublemaker and not a substantial commentator of anything worthwhile, ever), need to understand that we who write blogs, edit them to exclude mistakes, slurs, personal attacks, and effluvia.

My own posts are often not worthy or Gospel-like retention. When that is the case, my posts are deleted and the attendant facile comments with them.

That a few people think their commentary is important enough to be maintained should reflect on their egoistic ruminations (at Randle’s blog or Paul Kimball’s).

Their input is often swill. Eradicating their crap is rightful and sensible.

They don’t really offer commentary here, so they should shut their mouths about what I do here.

They don’t matter in my scheme of things and if they refrain from commenting here, I am happy as a clam.

That Mr. Randle is more lenient about who can post or comment at his blog is okay with me.

I prefer to run a tighter ship.

RR

3 Comments:

  • And that is why I try to keep my comments short and sweet, whether intelligent or not. Brevity is much preferred in this case as no one wants to read a self-styled manifesto.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Thursday, July 02, 2015  

  • And I, Tim, try to keep my postings pithy and succinct.

    Bruce Duensing (bless his soul) and Eric Wargo chose and choose the long-form, which is generally eschewed in today's immediate gratification internet milieu, sadly.

    The ramblings by some at Mr. Randle's blog is off-putting, not only because of length but because those ramblings (comments) are often more idiotic than edifying.

    That the inherent problem with "ufology" -- long-winded nonsense by ego-maniacs.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, July 02, 2015  

  • The recent discussion on Kevin's blog of the Kerman CA small group scare and hoax is instructive because of its completely typical dynamic of real-world rationality versus irrational belief in the "UFO" myth.

    A man turned a typical nighttime rocket launch into a “UFO” story and later that day exhibited a sunburn as “evidence” of the reality of his extraordinary experience. How tired was that “UFO” narrative trope already in 1978?

    There is nothing extraordinary about a sunburn or seeing a rocket launch, and the fact that believers in the “UFO” myth and delusion make so much out of what is without doubt so very little exposes the incorrigible will to believe.

    Apparently no claim—however silly, phony and crudely hoaxed up, and completely explicable as such—is too utterly ridiculous to be dismissed by believers once that claim has the transformative magical coating “UFO” applied.

    By Blogger zoamchomsky, at Friday, July 03, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home