UFO Conjecture(s)

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Not UFO related, but interesting to some visitors here I suspect: NDE study

From my friend Tim Brigham's Facebook page:



  • Rich, a good divergence from the UFO lunacy. As a Catholic (lapsed) the issues fascinates, but my knowledge in neuro-physiology tempers my enthusiasm. The question concerning survival of consciousness is far more interesting to me rather than "flying saucers" fluttering around the night sky with aimless purpose.

    The university medical system which I work for has been on the cutting edge on redefining the concept of clinical death due to advancements in resuscitation efforts. A little morbid for some, but it is a fact that the body, on the cellular level stays active well after non-reversible death...3 to 4 hours. Of course neurons require a constant supply of oxygen and glucose to function, but other cells do not as they revert to the use of carbon dioxide to function...a variation of hypoxic drive.

    I recall that in 2010 I had to undergo a surgical repair of a nasty ankle fracture (plates and screws) and while being prep in the PACU I noticed that a rose was painted on the unit's ceiling, I can only assume that it was there for possible NDE studies. But before I could ask questions, the IV infusion of midazolam interrupted my curiosity.

    I have a couple of NDE stories listed in a book which I own concerning the anthropological studies conducted in the 1930s by the University of Oklahoma with elderly members of the Comanche tribe. I plan to post on my blog at some time.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Thursday, August 06, 2015  

  • I hate the idea, Tim, of retaining some kind of earthly consciousness after "death."

    One would hope to move on or cease existence rather immediately, wouldn't they?


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, August 06, 2015  

  • Our "faith" states otherwise, does it not? Yet, physiology paints a slightly different picture...the black void of nothingness. The old time "spiritualist" at least painted an existence sans religion/theology that tempered the notion of conscious survival.

    I'll post the two Comanche NDEs soon. Interesting descriptions circa 1860s, yet possible contamination via cross culture "pollination" due to early Christian missionary work with the tribe. Past centuries missionary infiltration makes it difficult to ascertain true early religious beliefs of Native American tribes.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Thursday, August 06, 2015  

  • When you post the AmerIndian tales, let me know, Tim.

    I'll link to them.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, August 06, 2015  

  • A preprint copy of the article can be found here:


    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Wednesday, August 12, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home