UFO Conjecture(s)

Friday, May 06, 2016

Blue Book's Captain Ruppelt: A Personal Remembrance by George ...


I happened to stumble across your blog today and saw a year-old exchange between you and a doubter regarding the authenticity of an email from a "95 year old woman" who claimed to have been Capt. Ruppelt's neighbor.

When I was 12 years old in the summer of 1956, I submitted a report to the USAF regarding UFOs that I had witnessed.  In less than a week after submitting this report, Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt and Lt. Robert Olsson appeared at my doorstep to question me.  The interrogation lasted several hours.  During this time I was shown many audio-visuals that I found quite shocking.

Now I fully realize that by July 1956 Capt. Ruppelt had been out of the USAF and was working in the private sector.  Apparently, he suffered his first heart attack also in 1956, which might be a reason why he always had Lt. Olsson go to their car to dispatch various pieces of equipment.  Both men were dressed as USAF officers.

In those several hours I developed a wonderful rapport with Capt. Ruppelt, which to this day I remember very well.  As I am now fully retired, I would like to learn more about the circumstances that brought the good Captain to my home that day.  Any help would be appreciated.

His two daughters may still be alive, and I would like to get into contact with them.


George [Personal information held back, by me, RR] for privacy issues]


Post a Comment

<< Home