UFO Conjecture(s)

Saturday, June 04, 2016

A few of my books about the Big Bang

Here are a few (and only a few) of the books, from my personal library, pertinent to the Big Bang:
And here is the inside of one of them, yellow-penciled to show they have been read:
My point?

T o show that I take the topic(s) here seriously and am somewhat versed in the topics I present.

When it comes to the Big Bang and the Universe or reality, I expect those commenting to be well-read or partially-read about the subject matter.

If you write that the Big Bang is a fact and/or real [Zoam and Paul], I expect you to write from "authority" [sorry Tim Hebert].

An opinion outside the literature means nothing to me or to anyone for that matter.

So, if I seem snarky, I am. Don't come aboard with some haggard beliefs. Arm yourselves with what the so-called and noted experts have to say about the topics presented by me.

Is that too much to ask?

RR

4 Comments:

  • Rich said: "If you write that the Big Bang is a fact and/or real, I expect you to write from "authority" -- sorry Tim Hebert."

    Rich, sometimes you're a complete enigma to me. No where did I state that the Big Bang was a fact other than to list a book that I thought you would find interesting as both the Big Bang and Steady State theories are compared and contrasted in said book...that's all.

    What is truly of interest to you, I and others is the history of the study of the origins of the universe and the debates in the scientific community that developed over the past 100 years getting us to the point where we are now.

    You abhor the Big Bang? Fine...there are others (cosmologist) that are re-looking at the steady state model...I'll try and get you a link barring that you've not read it already.

    I believe you ordered Singh's book? Read it, then berate me, or more appropriately Singh and others.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Saturday, June 04, 2016  

  • Tim:

    My reference about The Big Bang being fact was not directed to you.....just the comment about resorting to authority.

    My syntax seems to have caused misunderstanding.\

    (And yes, I ordered the book you suggested. I like to have access to both sides of a matter.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Saturday, June 04, 2016  

  • It's a blog, not the National Academy of Sciences. But as you seem to think otherwise, I'll leave you to it.

    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Saturday, June 04, 2016  

  • But one should take every one of their efforts seriously, no matter how mundane or banal, shouldn't they, Paul?

    Otherwise why do anything at all?

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Saturday, June 04, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home