UFO Conjecture(s)

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Commentary: the “dog days of summer”?

I notice that, despite visitors to my blog, and many more to my pal Kevin Randle’s blog, there is a dearth of comments, much less for mine than his, but a dearth nonetheless.

Is it because of the summer doldrums?

Have I reached a nadir of interest in my ruminations? (Kevin is always interesting.)

I get a wealth or responses to my MediaWatch Facebook page and note that buddies, Jose Caravaca, Paul Kimball, Lance Moody, Nick Redfern, also get avid responses to their Facebook pages, dealing with UFOs mostly (or, in Paul’s case, his movies and life generally and Lance’s life without UFOs).

This poses the option, for me, to do as they have done and abandon this blog to concentrate on my Facebook page(s) – regardless how much I hate Facebook.

This is not a plea for comments. That only brings a momentary, insipid spurt.

It’s a notice that UFOs, in my bailiwick, are marmoreal and not exciting enough to warrant responses.

Thus, one has to know when to cut bait, as fishermen say.

So, I’m considering a permanent reprieve, and won’t miss my UFO friends who have visited and commented here in the past.

They are, seemingly, long dead.

RR

9 Comments:

  • This year lacks the ufological scandals of the last few years.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Sunday, August 07, 2016  

  • Just saw a comment Keith Basterfield recently made on his blog:

    "On a matter of principle, I have stopped using facebook for my UFO work."

    http://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.ca/2016/07/the-australian-flying-saucer-review.html

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Sunday, August 07, 2016  

  • Terry:

    I understand Keith's reticence and as I noted, I hate Facebook.

    It's a bitch to control and it's full of dopes.

    But I do get nice responses from the categories in my news feed: Music, Art, Science, Media.

    And I have pages devoted to conjecture, news media, and my personal nonsense; they all get "likes" and provide new "friends" -- many notable in their fields.

    So, I see why Paul Kimball and Lance enjoy the Facebook environment. They get much interaction.

    Here, I have to beg for interaction. It's disappointing.

    RR\

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Sunday, August 07, 2016  

  • Still love you, Rich...

    Lance

    By Blogger Lance, at Monday, August 08, 2016  

  • And I love you also, Lance....

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Monday, August 08, 2016  

  • That's not unlike my blog, I often get daily hits in the 1000s, but rarely get comments. There's no doubt that Facebook is way more interactive than blogging.

    By Blogger Nick Redfern, at Tuesday, August 09, 2016  

  • Hello Rich, your friends aren't dead and you're certainly not forgotten.

    I could be speaking for myself, but I'd like to think it extends to most of the regulars who've been reading your posts and adding theirs over the years.

    Most of the regulars have been immersed in it for years and are probably running out of things to say; they're tuckered out.

    The page views don't mean anything in the scheme of things when a knitting pattern or new exercise will get some other blog thousands of hits. I'm only saying what you're thinking there. It's not good for anyone to rate their value according to popularity, right? Post when the mood takes you and forget the rest.

    By Blogger Kandinsky, at Friday, August 12, 2016  

  • ...'marmoreal?' You're one of the few people I know that make me google the definition of words and it's appreciated.

    By Blogger Kandinsky, at Friday, August 12, 2016  

  • Thanks Kandinsky....

    We've been together a long time. (I saw some old postings with our back and forth comments, and I was mean sometimes.)

    What has been disturbing me is this: I can say the dumbest things at mt Media Facebook page, and the responses tumble in.

    (Of course I have some notoriety here, exacerbated by newspaper articles about me.)

    I think the UFO gang I've mustered are la creme de la creme in the UFO community. They (you included of course) spur me to radicalize my speculations, whereas my Facebook "friends" cause me, often, to slap my forehead and wonder what the hell I'm doing at FB, casting pearls before swine?

    I am pursuing some new angles, about UFOs, that I'd like to share and I hope that you and others give me some feedback on them.

    (I'll keep the esoteric words coming also.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Friday, August 12, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home