UFO Conjecture(s)

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Dreams, the Multiverse, and UFOs

Pictured are a most of my books on Dreams and/or Dreaming. (I’ve read others and have Jung’s books on the topic and, of course, Freud’s Interpretation of Dreams).
It seems possible to me that dreams, still not explained by psychologists, neurologists, or anomalists either, might be our unconscious minds accessing those parallel universes or dimensions where our “other selves” reside.

Dreaming gives us a glimpse of what we’re doing in parallel existences, according to the hypotheses of those who think reality consists of many universes, or the multiverse theory.

The concept intrigues me.

This opens the door to the possibility that UFOs also sneak into our “reality” – outside of dreams – and then disappear or are taken back to the “other dimensions” or “universes” from which they come.

Why they appear or why they may be “called back” can only be addressed by wild speculation. There are no scientific parameters that can approach the matter(s).

Even mathematical disciplines are stumped, just as have been the theorizing of philosophers, psychologists, and neurologists.

But examine your dreams and you’ll see that they often include you doing things that somewhat resembling what has happened to you in your “real” daily life, even as contorted as the dream content is. After all, the dream represents another life or another reality to which you are connected somehow.



  • RR,

    Not inclined toward of the dream relationship but beyond that the multiverse notion being discussed just seems out there to me. On the other hand the notion of another dimension seems plausible as it just suggests other things going on outside of our vision and awareness. The simplest explanation...


    By Blogger Bryan Daum, at Friday, August 19, 2016  

  • I find I can nearly always discern the meaning of my dreams, at least in the general sense, even when they’re admittedly bizarre. I also feel that my dreams have to do with events and people that I’ve interacted with recently, or a new situation that brings about resonances of a person or situation from my past. Also they often are triggered by worries or concerns I harbour and can mix with bland recollections of putting away groceries or driving down the road.

    This leads me to think that dreams might be a form of packing or re-packing of our mental suitcase. File storage. Keyword tags for future searches. Collection and organization of metadata.

    I need to learn more about Jung’s take on UFOs, but I know that he took note of the circular or spherical sightings specifically and proposed that these might represent Mandalas.

    This fascinates me, but more qualified commentators might be able to shed light on the subject.

    I do wish, though, that you will explore this subject in the future.


    By Blogger Vince R. Ditrich, at Friday, August 19, 2016  

  • Vince....

    Dreams, like UFOs, are a major conundrum.

    There have been a raft of "explanations" for them from the Hebrew Bible writers, Early Greeks, all the way up to today.

    Neurologists can tell from what part of the brain they emerge but not what they are.

    I'll be conjecturing further about them upcoming.

    And I'll see if I can flesh out (provide) what Jung's hypotheses were.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Friday, August 19, 2016  

  • I don't see how we could ever hope to understand dreams when we're so far from understanding consciousness itself.

    By Blogger Claire Carton, at Monday, August 22, 2016  

  • Good point Claire.

    Dreams and consciousness (or unconsciousness) are daunting topics for neurologists, psychologists, philosophers, and science altogether.


    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Monday, August 22, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home