UFO Conjecture(s)

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Madness and the Multiverse

The Science Channel’s Space’s Deepest  Secrets that aired Saturday night [8/13/16] dealt with the theories of a Multiverse, that compendium of ideas that there are many universes in play and ours is only one of an infinite number of them.

I’m an advocate of the many universe ideas, which includes the hypothesis that we’re living in a Matrix, a computer simulation. (I’ll explain shortly.)

The problem, for me with the show and those cosmologists and physicists who appeared on it, is that here is something funky or not quite right about the narrators: one fixated on Legos, two with anxiety-ridden laughter, and another vacillating on his views.

This goes to something I’ve noted here before: physicists (scientists generally) are a little infantile when it comes to their speculations. They get giddy and seemingly mad, just as they have often been pictured in fiction, the movies, and television shows.

Mathematics is their argot, math looking like the sputterings of schizophrenic madmen.

There was one exceptional insight, by physicist Laura Mersini-Houghton who found a cold spot in the heat map of the infant universe composed from three years of data from NASA’s WMAP satellite.
Scientist Mersini-Houghton comes to the fore by inter-working String Theory and Quantum Physics. (I’m not a string theory advocate, as I wrote in a review of several books on the topic at my book-review blog.)

Mersini-Houghton contends that the cold spot she found indicated that another universe had attached itself to our (observed) universe.
The other scientists, speaking in the program accented that in the other conjectured universes we (all of us) are duplicated, acting out a multiplicity of actions in every conceivable way imaginable.

These speculations are okay with me. They are possible. Probable? Even that. And here’s why I think so.

Several years ago, I had an episode of what is called Transient Global Amnesia, that I’ve written about before here and which you can read about from Wikipedia:


An oral surgeon who is a neighbor of ours at our island lake home had recounted to me his occurrence of GTA a few years before I had my own episodic event.

During my “event,” one of my fellows was in attendance, and witnessed the whole episode, telling me about it when I recovered (after a few hours of being not me).

During the time when I was not me, I, in my “normal” consciousness, was not present. A new me had taken over my being and treated the existential moments as his, but still within the context of my (real) existence.

That is, the verbal responses were contextual but not responses that I would have made if I were in control of my being during those moments.

The new me was aghast at things that the real me accepted as part of my daily life: the pile of books I had in a corner of my office, the wood pile next to the fireplace in my den, and the bags of leaves that we had collected that morning from our yard for pick up by the city.

The new me eventually went away and the real me came back to consciousness and my actual being, but my associate was nonplussed by the whole episode.

(I have no recollection of the episode, only a brief recalled respite from it as I was put in bed.)

As the Wikipedia and medical literature has it, GTA is a neurological glitch, unclear in its etiology and bizarre.

I see such episodes, like mine and our oral surgeon neighbor (whose account was not dissimilar to mine), as a momentary take-over by those beings which are us in and from another dimension.

Why or how they access us, in our universe, is a matter for discussion surely.

But, more importantly for me, such episodes – the take-over of our being, for a short period or longer – might account for what psychiatry sees as madness: paranoid schizophrenia, schizophrenia individuam, hallucinatory incidents, et cetera.
That is, what psychiatry sees as mental illness or neurology sees as a brain glitch may well be a momentary or permanent (in some cases) absorbing of psyches by our duplicate beings from another dimension or another universe that abuts ours, as delineated in the Science Channel program,

Does this impact so-called alien abductions or out of body experiences? Perhaps.

But it may be a matter for consideration by those who have intense UFO experiences, as seeing a UFO may be an observation incurred by our other selves, momentarily, before we are returned to normalcy.

What do you think?

RR

12 Comments:

  • I think that before we invent exotic, cosmic entities to explain down home medical events, we read up on similar cases in the neurological literature and see what we already know.

    I am aware of two similar types of amnesias: fugue and transient epileptic amnesia. There many cases of people travelling many miles safely, interacting normally with people they came across, yet having no memory of the trip or interactions.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Monday, August 15, 2016  

  • Ah, but I'm thinking, Terry, that UFOs and other anomalies come through or across dimensions or from universes abutting ours and I'll be providing more speculation about that.

    Pyschodramas have always fascinated me, and I've posted much about the possibility of schizophrenia not being a malady at all but an intrusion afflicting those declaimed to be insane,

    UFOs coming from "next door" seems more rational to me that UFOs coming from galaxies far, far away.

    You write: "I think that before we invent exotic, cosmic entities to explain down home medical events, we read up on similar cases in the neurological literature and see what we already know."

    Apparently you don't realize or accept the notion that we know very little if anything at all about what causes mental ,maladies.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Monday, August 15, 2016  

  • I would be careful of implying that because there are things we don't know, we can therefore dismiss what we do know.

    That's saucer logic.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Tuesday, August 16, 2016  

  • Terry...

    See my more recent posting about this: We do NOT know what you think we know.

    (I'm sounding like Donald Rumsfeld.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, August 16, 2016  

  • RR,

    "UFOs coming from "next door" seems more rational to me than UFOs coming from galaxies far, far away."

    Nicely put. As we have found that there's nothing local and the non-local is indeed so "far, far away" -light years. Dimensional/'other universe' could make it possible. But I find 'others of ourselves' a bit hard to embrace.

    BD

    By Blogger Bryan Daum, at Tuesday, August 16, 2016  

  • I'm fascinated, Bryan, by the "other us" hoping that my other self has been a little more sensible over there than I have been over here.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, August 16, 2016  

  • "Mersini-Houghton contends that the cold spot she found indicated that another universe had attached itself to our (observed) universe."

    A cold spot rather than hot (friction, heat, etc.)?
    And, where does "our" self go when the alternate universe self imposes?

    By Blogger Ron, at Wednesday, August 17, 2016  

  • Our other selves exist without (usually) any connection to our Earth's physical laws or our existence.

    How? Who really knows?

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, August 17, 2016  

  • Hmm, this is more than a two-pipe problem.

    By Blogger Ron, at Wednesday, August 17, 2016  

  • One is a bubble pipe I hope, Ronald.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, August 17, 2016  

  • http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2589/3904400637_3975cac2b2.jpg

    Grownups use hookah's, Rich. :)

    By Blogger Ron, at Thursday, August 18, 2016  

  • So I keep hearing, Ron.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, August 18, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home