UFO Conjectures

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Reality, Consciousness, and UFOs

Those of you reading here (and me too) have no idea what “reality” is, nor do we have a grasp on what “consciousness” is either.

We have some thoughts about each, but no one I know (or know about) has any idea what the reality of reality or consciousness is.

And while we concentrate, here, on UFOs, in the context of reality and consciousness, we are assaulted by a few who try to tell us that UFOs are as ephemeral as reality or consciousness, and some even go so far as to say that UFOs do not exist and have never existed, a view that is syntactic madness, and logic gone berserk.

All we can do, we UFO buffs, is try to understand the UFO phenomenon as it exists in our reality, our consciousness, setting aside, sometimes, other exigencies of intellectual curiosity.

That means we have to pull apart, forensically, old and new UFO “reports” to see if any have clues to what the core “reality” of the phenomenon is.

We can’t dismiss the topic because a few fevered skeptics would have us leave the matter aside, something they have done cerebrally is seems, for who knows what psychological reason.

UFOs (and “ufology,” that wayward sobriquet) are a pastime for most of you visiting here.

It’s a lighthearted assault on something in the social milieu, mostly from our younger lives that we can’t shake loose from (and that, itself, is grist for psychological evaluation).

So, while I’m happy to indulge the manic mannerisms of wild-eyed and mad (angry and/or insane) skeptics, I’ll continue to probe the UFO mythos (and “reality”) as if it were as important as “reality and consciousness” itself.

After all, what else do I (or you) have to do that is more important, except to live as if our lives have meaning, which is another matter that is open to discussion, no?

N.B. Image above from dreamcatcherreality.com

RR

9 Comments:

  • For a long time I´ve been fascinated with the thought that we can´t experience reality directly but always through our senses and we can´t really trust them, can we? There´s no reality "as it is" for us, it´s always filtered through the senses and the mind.
    Or maybe UFO/paranormal experiences are some kind of flashes to that underlying reality behind our common, everyday life?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” -- Philip K. Dick

    By Blogger Jerry Cornelius, at Sunday, November 27, 2016  

  • Another quote
    "It's not what you see that is suspect, but how you interpret what you see." Isaac Asimov (at least according to John Keel in the Mothman Prophecies, still one of my favourite books)

    By Blogger Jerry Cornelius, at Sunday, November 27, 2016  

  • Come on?..Reality is about.."REAL".. Your five senses,or six? experience a (real reality)
    if you can't trust THAT, you can't trust yourself.

    If something in reality doesn't fit, or looks out of place, it is still a "Real-reality" because of the experience? But now, the experience in/of reality, has become confusing, and now needs to be addressed, in all reality, yeah?...."REAL!" Totality of real things, everything that exists or happens..keep smiling:).................

    By Blogger Daniel Yang-Clark, at Sunday, November 27, 2016  

  • Daniel

    Yes, that´s what I meant, we can´t trust our experiences and there´s no "real reality" we can access. I meant to say that what we feel is real, that´s real. Even if the pain is in my head it still hurts.
    And sorry, I find your comment pretty aggressive. If you disagree with me that´s okay and fine but I hope you could express your views a bit more, you know, genially?

    JC

    By Blogger Jerry Cornelius, at Sunday, November 27, 2016  

  • Jerry

    I would rather you think, that I was assertive, in my understanding of "real reality" rather than aggressive.Your Dictionary, will confirm this, on "reality"

    I do not wish to offend anyone Jerry, but the dictionary is very clear on this.Accomplished
    by greater minds than ours.We are entitled to our points of view, which can give all, something to think about..It is just my way Jerry, no aggression meant................

    By Blogger Daniel Yang-Clark, at Sunday, November 27, 2016  

  • Daniel

    Hey, I´m sorry, I guess a bit overreacted. I know you didn´t mean any harm. Please keep posting comments, I always enjoy them.
    (But of course the big question is that who gets to define "the reality", you, me, or "them"...?)

    JC

    By Blogger Jerry Cornelius, at Monday, November 28, 2016  

  • What I think, Jerry, is that reality is an "individual perception"..for example;

    I have two family members, who are both color-blind, and they view the world of color,as normal to them, as the world in color, is normal to us. The difference being,they both, do not see the same colors as we do, that is, family I'm referring to. For some time, we as family, jokingly ribbed them, over the colors they were seeing,different from what we were seeing, but since then, we have developed an understanding of their plight.My point being,
    their reality in viewing color, is not the same as ours,and yet both realities are real.

    Real-Realities! How are we doing JERRY?:)....................

    By Blogger Daniel Yang-Clark, at Monday, November 28, 2016  

  • Daniel

    "What I think, Jerry, is that reality is an "individual perception""
    Yes, yes, that´s just what I´m saying : ) I guess I´ve really misunderstood you. Of course you´re right that we can only trust our perceptions because after all, there´s nothing else. But I think we shouldn´t think our perceptions as "the reality". They say that "seeing is believing" but I don´t see (no pun intended) why it should be. I remember seeing when David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty vanish...still I don´t believe it really happened.
    We have different realities and they´re overlapping, right?

    JC

    By Blogger Jerry Cornelius, at Wednesday, November 30, 2016  

  • It looks like we're on the same page then, Jerry? and I have enjoyed talking with you.
    It has been interesting to read, your mind of thoughts,on what you think, and how you view things, good on you! And its "some what" the same for myself.Thank you for sharing.

    One thing I would like to add,is that: mass-hypnoses of the kind,or auto-suggestion, as it were, "could be" the archenemy to "individual perception" in reality.

    Hitler was skilled in this, with auto-suggestion to the masses...................

    By Blogger Daniel Yang-Clark, at Wednesday, November 30, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home