UFO Conjecture(s)

Sunday, February 05, 2017

UFO Friends

I have and had some great friends in the Montaignian sense, even in the UFO community, believe it or not.

I’ve also lost a few along the way: Leon Davidson, Lucius Farish, Richard Hall (who helped me, greatly, during a stressful time with some UFO Updaters), and Bruce Duensing (may he rest in peace).

Today, I count as friends: Nick Redfern (a real pal), Kevin Randle (a true buddy), Jose Antonio Caravaca (Spain, a colleague), Gilles Fernandez (France, an erudite skeptic), the Anomalist founder Patrick Huyghe (luv that guy) and his listing staffer(s) William Murphy (who notes my postings and makes correctives when needed, which if often) and sometimes Chris Savia (who’s a little hesitant to note my ramblings here), Martin Kottmeyer (who often provides substantive materials that elucidate), Christopher Allan (CDA, when he’s operative), Zoam Chomsky (The Iron Skeptic, Aaron Sakulich, even though he’s a little nuts) and that’s about it.

Friends are a must, for living, as Montaigne’s eloquent essay On Friendship tells us.

And in the UFO world where “trolls” and haters (as the internet cites them) abound, one needs the support and encouragement of real friends to keep plugging away at a thankless enterprise.

Fortunately, I have some support, which keeps me going here.

I hope you have something similar.

RR

5 Comments:

  • Hello Rich, don't forget your 'absent friends' either. You will always be held in high esteem by me and there are sure to be many others. I don't get around so much in the UFO topics anymore, but it doesn't mean the respect or affection has diminished in any meaningful way.

    Your 'thankless enterprise' is a living treasury of all things ufological and philosophical. Look at the flipside. Respectability and popularity are rare bedfellows in these sub-cultures. You've got the former and the latter is all ho-hum.

    Bruce is a fine example; a prolific writer with an audience we could have counted on our fingers and toes. As you'll recall, he was also frustrated by the lack of attention. Despite that, he ploughed on and probably wrote more as the audience dwindled.

    Who needs it? What you do is valuable and the friends you list are amongst the best out there.

    By Blogger Kandinsky, at Sunday, February 05, 2017  

  • Thank you Kandinsky...

    I consider you a friend but had to limit my note to those who are relatively active here, knowing you might see it and comment, letting me write that you have been a follower of this blog for longer than most, through thick and thin.

    Luv ya buddy....again,thanks for the kind words.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Sunday, February 05, 2017  

  • I am operational again, Ain't that terrific?

    By Blogger cda, at Monday, February 06, 2017  

  • Yes, it is, CDA....

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Monday, February 06, 2017  


  • That's Super, Chris!

    Rich, please share my gmail address with Chris.

    I'll be reading but not "operational" for a few weeks.

    My best to all.

    By Blogger zoamchomsky, at Saturday, February 11, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home