UFO Conjectures

Saturday, April 22, 2017

A book review that got me "fired"

I used to review books for New Page Books, a publisher of many UFO books by people we all know in ufology.

Warwick Associates was the PR firm that sent the books for review.

I did a review of an "Area 51" book by Tom Carey and Donald Schmitt.

You can find that review here -- the-explicator.blogspot.com -- it is just below my non-acquiescence to a request by New Page to edit my review....to punch it up with encomiums to replace my less-than-favorable take on the book.

(I've never received a book for review from New Page since.)

RR

2 Comments:

  • "Inside the real Area 51"...the second best Book i have read in the last Times, the first best Book is "UFOs and Nuke" by Robert Hastings.

    Especially Anthony Bragalias Investigation about Nitinol or the Chapter with the martian Mandible.

    But i have also one Critic for the Book. The Story of Leon B. Visse and the dead Aliens in Wright Patt:

    http://ufologie.patrickgross.org/ce3/1959-usa-wpafb.htm


    I wrote to Donald Smitt and ask hin why they described the dead Aliens who Visse told about and missed to write that the dead Aliens had long blond Hair, where 2 Meters tall and had blue Eyes. So i thought, as i read his description, its little Roswell Aliens. He answered me that they wrote about the Visse Story to show that there are dead Aliens at Wright Patt. I answered him that i ´m think he change the Description because this Description looked like more like Roswell Aliens as tall blond Aliens and called him he are a Liar. ^^

    But the rest of the Book is very good. :-)

    By Blogger Michael Loengard, at Saturday, April 22, 2017  

  • Why do you call it a "dismal review"? It is the book that is dismal not the review. I have not looked on Amazon, but I fully expect there are some ecstatic comments about the book ('the greatest news since sliced bread' type of thing).

    The greastest news in the earth's history? Death-bed tales from elevator repairmen and painters?

    Boy how I wish I had been one of these guys.

    By Blogger cda, at Sunday, April 23, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home